HelioCon was held at the MCL Grand Theater in the hart of downtown Lewisville, Texas. The entrance was easily identified thanks to a conveniently parked TARDIS, which I believe is fast becoming the standard symbol for "Nerds Welcome Here" around world.
Linkara was the first of several guests to host a Q&A that day. As is his custom at conventions, he did a live version of his show before taking questions from the fans. Since he usually posts his con-shows on-line, I won't say anything about the show except that it was hilarious. I'll post a link to it as soon as he has it up for viewing.
One mark of quality for a convention is a good games area and HelioCon had that. No surprise given that the games area was run by the wonderful people at Roll2Play.
The staff of HelioCon were also top-notch and you never had to look far to see them all hard at work. As far as I know, this red-shirt staff member survived until the end of the Con.
No matter how may times I see a TARDIS dress at a convention, it never gets old. I thought this gentleman was in the male equivalent of a TARDIS outfit but now that I look at it, I realize my mistake. Anyone know what character he is?
There's no mistaking this dangerous customer. That's an Orc. Whether he's a Pathfinder Orc, a World of Warcraft Orc or an oversized Reaper miniature is a subject of some debate. I wasn't brave enough to ask.
All in all, it was a fun day and I will definitely be back for the next HelioCon. And now, some quick shout outs to some awesome people I met and hung out with as the day progressed.
* Sarah at Boomerang Comics, with whom I spent a goodly amount of time speaking about Green Arrow.
* Tony Franklin and Michelle Millette, whose comic Chantilly Mace I will be reviewing sometime soon.
* The Jedi Cole and his wife Cat, whom will be doing many awesome things at All-Con 2014.
* Halo and Terry from ShoNuff Studios, for getting me to Lewisville today in the first place.
* David Doub of Dusk Comics. For listening. I'll be reviewing one of his books shortly soon too.
* Kristen McGuire, who I didn't get to talk to because her table was swamped whenever I got near.
* Linkara, for being as cool as I hoped and for giving me an awesome picture to close with.