* (As Alfred catches Bruce burning himself) This would be an entirely different show if Alfred had just taken Bruce to a good child psychologist at this point.
* I am now going to call Riddler "Weird Ed" in honor of the equally awkward character from the Maniac Mansion games.
* I see the name of The Tick creator Ben Edlund in the credits as an executive producer. And suddenly a lot of the choices this show has made make sense, re: camp elements.
* The shout-outs to the comics are much more subdued this time. Quick mention of Maroni - the gangster eventually responsible for creating Two-Face.
* So far, Falcone is the most likable character on the show by sheer virtue of being the one person who seems to honestly care about the city.
* There's Carol Kane as Penguin's mom. Apparently she just escaped from the set of a Tim Burton movie.
* Mention of Arkham Asylum being closed down but The Wayne Foundation almost reopening it.
* Don't you just love how Barbara doesn't give a damn about the chance that their house line might be traced when she calls in a tip to the press?
* Do they mean for the mayor to look like Richard Nixon?
* For years, comic fans have debated whether the GCPD is mostly incompetent or mostly corrupt. So far, the show is doing a good job of providing both camps with good case material.
* Although, after the two kidnappers manage to grab a whole bus full of kids in the middle of a depot swarming with cops in broad daylight, I'm firmly on the side of "mostly incompetent".
* Obscure Batman villain The Dollmaker got a mention. And a thousand Arrow fans immediately begin working on fan fiction to justify making this one the same guy Quentin Lance put away.
* Thomas Wayne had a "no psychologists" clause in his will yet he was ready to start funding Arkham Asylum? I'm thinking there's a story here. At least, there should be.
* Alternatively, The Waynes are Scientologists.
* Oh yeah! I guess Penguin still is in this show. Huh.
THE FINAL THOUGHTS
For an episode titled 'Selina Kyle', there sure wasn't a lot of Selina Kyle, was there? That said, I enjoyed this episode far more than the pilot.