Why? Because it's the 21st Century. And it's about damn time that in one of these books depicting a married superhero couple that the woman's name be allowed to go first. It's just that simple.
I want to send a message. A message that this is not going to be Hawkman... with Hawkgirl. A message that this is not going to be Black Panther... with Storm. A message that this is not even going to be The Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series.
Aside from that, I have five very practical reasons why the book should be restarted as Black Canary/Green Arrow and with a new #1 issue.
1. Less chance of book being confused with/lost among Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps.
2. The title change allows me to further distance the new series from the old series.
3. Because based on the drawing power between the two headliners relative to their prominence in recent years, Dinah is the bigger draw. She's had more exposure in JLA, JSA and Birds of Prey than Ollie has in... uh, his book and the occasional JLA special and Green Lantern guest shot.
4. Because it may finally force DC Comics to update the message board names relating to these characters after two years. Seriously! How long would it take to change it from Green Arrow to Green Arrow/Black Canary?
5. It’s more alphabetically sound. BC before GA.
Also, I have an idea for an Silver Age style alternate cover for the first issue that involves Ollie bowing dramatically as if holding a door open and gesturing above at the Title saying “Ladies first.” to an eye-rolling, but still smiling, Dinah.
I’m thinking Adam Hughes or Kevin Maguire for that job.